Hamilton County Fair Foundation
PO Box 672
Webster City, IA 50595
In 2000, the Hamilton County (Iowa) Fair Foundation was formed to promote the fair and to construct, refurbish and restore buildings on the Fairgrounds. Through their fund-raising efforts new bathroom and shower facilities were constructed in 2004 and a Plaza with flags and landscaping was added to the front of the Show Arena in 2001 along with renovations of the Van Diest and Co-op buildings.
Currently the Foundation is restoring the 1919 Sales Pavilion, renamed the Burt Richardson Pavilion, and the 1919 Show Barn, now called the Keith Vegors Horse Barn. The Richardson and Vegors families were major financial contributors in the initial restoration phases.
On the South wall of the Burt Richard Pavilion, formerly known as the 1919 Sales Pavilion, are thirteen ads for county livestock producers. Most of these ads were painted on the wall between1919 to1926 and are still in remarkably good condition.
The Foundation will continue its fund raising efforts to pay for the restoration of the Ads on the Wall with a goal to convert the interior of the Richardson Pavilion into a permanent county agricultural museum. The Foundation also intends to restore the windows and brick tile on the Vegors Horse Barn during this long running project.
From its beginning in 1857 and continuing uninterrupted since 1918, the Hamilton County (Iowa) Fair will continue through county wide interest, enthusiasm and cooperation. There?s nothing like a county fair to renew one?s spirit, to remember days gone by and to glimpse into the future.